LETTER WRITING - Types of Letter Writing
What is a Letter ?
A written or printed communication addressed to a person or an organization and usually transmitted by mail or post in an envelope .
Now E-mail and text and such other forms have become the norm for communication.
Types of Letter Writing -
There are broadly two types of letters : Formal letters , Informal Letters. But there are few types of letters based on their purpose, content , formalities, etc .
Need Of Writing a Letter :
- We write formal letters to ask / give information.
- to apply for a job.
- to make inquiries.
- to register complaints about inadequate goods or services.
- to place / cancel orders.
- to apologize for behavior.
- Reply to inquiry / ask for information.
- to redress grievances.
- to persuade others.
- to make an appeal for help.
- to send a recommendation ,etc .
- to show love for close ones.
- to friends, relatives.