Parts Of Speech
Parts Of speech
Words are divided into different kinds or classes,called Parts Of speech.
The Parts Of Speech are eight in number-
A noun is a word used as the name of a person,place,animal or thing.
- Akbar was a great king.
- The sun shines brightly.
- The rose smells sweet.
- Kolkata is on the Hooghly.
2 - Pronoun
A Pronoun is a word used in place of a Noun.
- Robin is absent ,because he is ill.
- Ria is a good girl. She sings melodiously.
- Ricky has a shop. He works day and night to pay his school fees.
- Richa is busy. You can talk to her later.
An Adjective is use to denote a quality of the thing named, to indicate its quantity or extent or to specify a thing as distinctive from something else.
- He is a brave boy.
- There are twenty boys in the class.
- Loren sings melodiously .
- Elsa is beautiful and intelligent.
A verb is used to express an action or state.
- Kolkata is a big city.
- The girl wrote a letter to her cousin.
- Sheena is running .
- Geeta is cutting paper.
An adverb is a word or an expression that modifies a verb,adjective,determiner,clause,preposition,or sentence.
Adverb usually express manner,place,time,frequency,degree,level of certainity,etc.
- He is running quickly.
- She is working hard.
- You are speaking slowly.
- Time is running quickly.
A pronoun is a word used with a noun or a pronoun to show how the person or thing is denoted by the noun or pronoun stands in relation to something else.
- There is a cow in the garden.
- The girl is fond of music.
- A fair little girl sat under a tree.
- She is sitting in the car.
A conjunction is a word used to join words or sentences.